Persona Hair Scalp Analysis
If you are having hair loss, thinning, alopecia, breakage and/or itchy, flaky, or tender scalp, then the best step will be a hair and scalp analysis.
During this physical and digital microscopic hair and scalp analysis, you will be able to see everything the Trichologist sees on an in-room monitor. Based on the findings, she will provide a diagnosis, provide a percentage of regrowth and coverage you can expect, and create a treatment plan that will be suited to heal you hair and scalp concerns. After your hair and scalp analysis, you will receive a packet with your diagnosis, recommended treatment options, and a consultant will explain everything to you.
First of all what is the meaning of scalp It is the skin covering the head excluding the face.
As name itself describes it has 5 layers
S- the skin where hair grows. It contains sebaceous glands and hair follicles
C- conceive tissue containing fat and fibrous tissue
L- loose areolar connective tissue
Most commonly discussed cause which has a social effect on the person is HAIR LOSS . Most common is male pattern hair loss . Hail loss is less common in females A rare condition ALOPECIA AREATA in which there Patchy hair loss that are quarter size and shaped. But now there is nothing to worry about their hair loss problem. There are very good hair transplant centres and surgeons in India. Dr. S. S Gambhir who is one of the best hair transplant surgeons in India and he is available at Persona faces and smiles centre. He has done countless successful hair transplants surgeries in the past 10 years.Other most common condition is dandruff. Dandruff is a condition of the scalp that causes flakes of skin. Sometimes it can be present with itching. It is a common condition, but it can be embarrassing and difficult to treat. It is not always related to hygiene. Dandruff is not contagious nor is it a serious condition. Indication of treatment is for both psychological and physiological reasons, but there is no permanent cure. Medicated shampoo applied regularly can control dandruff to a major extent for which you should consult a Doctor. DR. GAMBHIR is specialize in treating hair and scalp disorders. He provides quality of work as compared to the other clinic. Within short span of time PERSONA FACES AND SMILES CENTER has became a well known name for the hairs and scalp treatments because of Dr. Gambhir who is passionate about his profession. He is always been active in his field of specialization. Other more common scalp problem is SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS. It is the condition which cause an eczema type eruption. It is associated with scaly, itchy and red skin, and can occur anywhere in the body but most commonly on the face, behind the ears and skin folds.
The cause of hair problems usually lies at the root of the hair in and around the bulb. Scalp analysis help us to identify common or uncommon scalp disorders and their problems. It is normal to lose between 50-100 hairs in a day. Many people suffer from excessive hair loss,which is the indication for treatment or scalp analysis.
There is no single cause of hair loss. Many time it is always a mix of contributing factors like stress, genes, nutrition, chemical application ,environment, medication etc.
There are many methods from which we can evaluate hair loss or scalp problems. Hair evaluation methods are grouped into 3 main categories.
- Non – Invasive methods – eg. Questionnaire, daily hair counts,
- quality of hairs, volume of hairs, dermoscopy and video dermoscopy.
- Semi – Invasive methods – eg. trichogram
- Invasive methods – eg. Scalp biopsy if required
Types of alopecia:-
Male and female pattern baldness is also known as Androgenic alopecia
Telogen effluvium – it is common type of alopecia where there is wide spread thinning of the hairs.
Anagen effluvium – in this there is abnormal loss of hair during first phase of hairs growth cycle.
Evaluation of hair depends on – Quantity and quality i.e. it’s length, Density, colour & texture. We look for is it straight, wavy or curly . It’s important to look for associated skin conditions, especially scalp problems. Alopecia is a word given to the condition in which there is thinning or balding of hairs. In scalp hair loss may be localised or diffuse hair loss. Localised alopecia may affect a single or multiple areas.
From evaluation we can found is there –
- Negative or positive hair pull test
- Scarring alopecia which is known as cicatrical alopecia. In this no follicles are present.
- Non-scarring alopecia, in this follicular orifices are present
- Multiple hairs in single follicle
Diffuse hair loss or alopecia mostly present in form of male and female pattern baldness. In males, the hair loss is from front and top of the scalp. Where as in female pattern baldness, hair loss occurs on the top and crown area.
Generalised diffuse alopecia is most often due to excessive shedding of hair.
With the help of hair pull test we can find out whether the alopecia is telogen effluvium or anagen effluvium.
It’s important to evaluate the appearance of the scalp whether it is dry or oily. Is there any type of lesions or inflammatory skin diseases for eg. Folliculitis, scaling, pustuls, excoriations, nits.
SCALP HAIR TRANSPLANT
Why you need hair transplant:-
- Hair over the scalp give the appearance of age, healthy, virility confidence of the person. hair over the age turns grey then white so the colour of the hair reflect our age.
- Hair gives the appearance of youth. This means the person is confident & virile. It gives the positive impression of the person. The confident person is now acceptable by the society and he is more amenable in social gathering and meeting, good quality of hair give the appearance that person is healthy.
- Wherever a person looses hair the confidence level of the person is lost whether it is a male or female.
- In males young adults like to keep the latest hair style and if they lose the hair then they lose their confidence and they lack behind their peers.
- Once a person starts loosing the hair they all start looking for the possible alternative available in the market for hair regrowth like shampoo, tonics, serums. They then go for all sorts of marketing gimmick.
- In Dr. Gambhir’s persona hair transplant center All there patient are counseled thoroughly.
- All stages of the treatment explained with the result they should anticipate is explained. The treatment given are scientifically proven with good result given.
- Once a female start losing hair they don’t follow the pattern of male pattern hair loss but they have typical female pattern Hair loss or it’s variant. The loss of confidence is more in females with hair loss is more as compared to males. So the treatment is slightly more aggressive in Dr. Gambhir’s persona hair transplant centre.
Factors considered in Follicular hair transplant FUT/FUE
- Whenever a patient comes to Dr. Gambhir’s Persona hair transplant clinic with hair loss and we consider the patient for hair transplant either FUE/FUT. We look in the scalp for certain factors before we guide the patient.
- The factor considered are –
- Area of hair loss – First of all the area where hair are to be implanted is defined for if will determine the number of hair grafts required.
- Donor area – In donor site we first see the density of hair present. For this will determine whether the required grafts can be taken from occipital area or we need other areas like beard, chest, back, pubic, axial etc.
- If we are doing the FUT/ strip method then we need to see the laxity of scalp for closure of the done site.
- Hair character :- Hair color, texture, thickness, coarse, thin, straight/ curve needs be seen wherever planing FUT/FUE hair transplant. The result of the Procedure and cost of hair Transplant is determine because of then.
- Area of the scalp :- The place of scalp which you are doing hair transplant is important for the density you give a patient all if you are doing in front area will required single unit graft and gradually two and three unit grafts. In the vertex area mostly two and three are required.