Hair Loss & Restoration Treatments
We have approx 1lakh hairs on our scalp. Normally 50-100 hairs fall every day. With age few hair follicles lose ability to produce hair. There are many conditions which can cause hair loss like Hormones , Genes , Stress , Illness , Pregnancy , Drugs , Cosmetic procedures , Auto immune disease, Injuries etc . Shedding of hair is called alopecia. Individuals are often aware of and very concerned about thinning of the hairs. Hair thinning and baldness can cause psychological stress due to their effect on appearance. Hair grows in a cycle – Anagen , Telogen , Catagen. Anagen is a growing phase and last for 3-6 years, Catagen is a tranasitional phase and last for 3 weeks where as Telogen is a restinig phase and last for 3 month. In Androgenic Alopecia there is shortening of anagen and lengthening of telogen. Androgenic alopecia is Hereditary thinning of the hair caused due to androgen in genetically susceptible men & women. Hair loss can be classified in 2 pattern: Male Pattern Baldness and Female Pattern Baldness. In Male Pattern Baldness there is thinning of hair in frontal & vertex area with progression of hair loss. The main reason for male pattern baldness is due to genetic effect and hormonal effect .The main hormone responsible is dihydrotestosterone and the reason behind female pattern baldness in not completely known. The Female pattern baldness is characterized by general thinning over the entire scalp with the most extensive hair loss at the crown.
Hair Loss & Restoration Treatments
Hair restoration is a generalized term it involves both medical treatment and surgical treatment.
In Medical treatments we have
The oral (finasteride) and topical (minoxidil) medication are prescribed which are required for long term effect and maintenance.
PRP (platelet rich plasma) give impressive results in reversing hair loss by improving hair growth and quality.
Laser therapy offers a unique alternative to other more invasive treatments by increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles, encouraging hair re-growth.
Other cosmetic procedures like hair care, styling, extension, camouflage can also we have done for hair thinning.
1. The oral(finasteride) and topical (minoxidil)medication are prescribed which are required for long term effect and maintainance.
2. PRP(platelet rich plasma) give impressive results in reversing hair loss by improving hair growth and quality.
3. Laser therapy offers a unique alternative to other more invasive treatments by increasing blood flow to the scalp and hair follicles , encouraging hair re-growth .
4. Hair transplant surgery is very effective surgery and gives permanent solution .
5. Other cosmetic procedures like hair care ,styling ,extension ,camouflage can also we done for hair thinning.
Hair Restoration Surgery
Hair restoration is done for patients who have a bald area in the frontal, temporal, central and vertex area. Hair restoration is done for the camouflage of the bald patches on the scalp. It is the only permanent living solution.
The hairs which are transplanted will remain throughout life but will follow the aging process. The process of hair restoration is done by taking grafts from the occipital area sometimes beard and sometimes body. The first choice is always occipital area. The hairs from the occipital area will match the hairs in the front area. There are two ways of taking hairs from the occipital area I.E by FUT or strip method and FUE I.E punch method.
- A strip is taken from occipital region.
- Gap is closed with stitches.
- From strip grafts are separated from each other.
- Grafts implanted in the frontal region.
- Donor area can be easily re-harvest after FUT.
- In this stitches are required. from The Linear scar will be there at the donor site. Which won’t be visible till you bald yourself.
- FUE harvesting individual follicular with are extracted directly from the patient donor area individually one at a Time.
- Grafts will be taken from punches